INUIT UNDERGROUND MINIING POSITIONS19 April 2017
LOCATION: Hope Bay Project
KCMD is looking for Inuit interested in working underground. In this role, the individual would coordinate with other crew members and help in setting up and operating machinery and mine equipment, as well as assist in securing ground and blasting operations.
On-the-job training will be supplied, with the expectation that the role will lead to positions of increasing skill levels and responsibilities.
General duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist other mine workers in maintaining or constructing underground installations
- Maintain underground rooms, roadways, working areas and mining equipment
- Load, move, sort and pile materials and supplies
- Operate mining equipment
- Relevant work experience and/or
- Introduction to Underground Mining course would be an asset
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Good communication skills and ability to work with others
- Dedication to safety measures and best practices
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Ability to work in an underground environment for a period of time
- Ability to work away from home for a specified period of time
All resumes should be sent to email@example.com or faxed to 705- 472-8185. When submitting your resume, please include a copy of your relevant training certificates. Thank you for your interest in KCMD.